Down syndrome World Championships 2022 in athletics – table tennis – tennis:
6th World Athletics Championships IAADS
4th World Table Tennis Championships ITTADS
1st World Tennis Championships
Czech Association for Athletes with Intellectual Impairment
Under the auspices and authority of:
SUDS – Sport Union for Athletes with Down Syndrome,
IAADS – International Athletics Association for Persons with Down Syndrome,
ITTADS – International Table Tennis Association for persons with Down Syndrome.
The event will be governed by the rules of these organisations.
19th– 26th June 2022
Nymburk – Mladá Boleslav
Down syndrome World Championships will be held in two locations – Nymburk and Mladá Boleslav.
The centre of the championship is located at the Sports centre Nymburk.
The Sports centre Nymburk is a special place that offers great opportunities for table tennis, tennis and for many other sports as well. Possibilities for training and also tournaments or competitions are in the same comfortable complex with accommodation and full board. In the centre it is also possible to use a swimming pool and wellness facilities.
An athletics championship will be held in Mladá Boleslav (approx. 30 minutes from Nymburk).
- ELIGIBILITY AND ACCREDITATION
The event is open to athletes who are eligible to represent their national association in line with the SUDS, IAADS and ITTADS regulations. All athletes entering the event should already be registered with the SUDS by 19 April 2022. Please visit the www.su-ds.org website for the SUDS Registration Policy.
Accreditations will be issued to all athletes, staff members or delegation officials once they have proven their identities; the accreditations will include a photograph of each participant.
We ask you to send us a passport photo for each member of your delegation, with the 2nd Entry. The photos must adhere to the following requirements: • JPEG format (.jpg, .jpeg extensions).
- ENTRY PROCESS
● Intention of participation January 19th 2022
● The first entry (entry by number): February 19th 2022
● The second entry (entry by name): April 19th 2022 Entry forms will be sent out soon.
- ENTRY FEES
The entry fees per 1 person:
● € 130 per day in accommodation A
● € 140 per day in accommodation B
● € 25 fee per event
● € 100 per extra day
● Pack 1, 19th – 26th June, A: € 910
● Pack 2, 19th – 26th June, B: € 980
● full board,
● transport from/to the airport and sports venues,
● access to all sports venues and facilities of the Sports centre Nymburk.
+ € 25 fee/per person to SUDS/ IAADS/ ITTADS.
All payments can be paid in Euro to the organisers as set out below:
● Entry to be submitted with the 1st entry: 20 % by February 19th 2022
● Entry to be submitted with the 2nd entry: 80 % by April 19th 2022
● Payment has to be made to the following account:
● Account number: 123-5934250217/0100
● IBAN: CZ61 0100 0001 2359 3425 0217
● Swift Code: KOMBCZPP
● Note for the recipient: DSWORLD 2022
● Bank name: Komerční banka a.s.
● Bank address: Na Příkopě 33 čp.969, Praha 1, PSČ 114 07
● Name of the recipient: Český svaz mentálně postižených sportovců, z. s.
● Address of the recipient: Zátopkova 100/2, 160 17 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Please note that bank charges must be included in the entry fees.
The hotel for teams is:
● Name: Sports centre Nymburk
● Address: Sportovní 1801
● Website: http://www.scnb.cz/sport-centre-nymburk
The Sports centre Nymburk offers a hotel divided into 2 parts, hotel A and hotel B.
All hotel rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi internet connection, LCD TV, a bathroom with a shower and toilet.
Hotel A offers accommodation with full facilities with standard two-star level equipment.
Total price: € 910/ per week/per person.
Part of the hotel B was reconstructed in 2013.
Hotel B offers accommodation with full facilities with comfort three-star level equipment.
Total price: € 980/ per week/per person.
The organisers will provide transportation for teams and officials from the Václav Havel Airport Prague to Sports centre Nymburk and back and local transport from the hotel to the venue and back.
Participating member organisations are responsible for their own insurance requirements for travel, personal accident, liability and medical matters.
- MEDICAL SERVICE AND HEALTH PROTOCOL
There will be a permanent medical service present during each competition day.
The LOC will set up a COVID protocol depending on the healthcare context in June 2022.
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
The official language of the event is English. All materials and information will be available in English.
Each competing nation is responsible for arranging for the necessary visas for their delegation. Where required the LOC will issue a letter of invitation to participating nations; should that be the case for your delegation, we ask you to inform us as soon as possible.
- FLAGS AND NATIONAL ANTHEMS
All delegations will have to bring a suitable number of flags, a minimum of three flags if the delegation has a minimum of two athletes competing, in each sport. The suggested size is 80 × 120 cm.
All delegation must send to the LOC their National Anthem in .mp3 format before arrival to Nymburk.
- COMPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
● Average high temperature expected: 25º Celsius
● Average low temperature expected: 15º Celsius